Kennedy is now a little over a month old and I thought I’d share the things I couldn’t live without as a new mama. Whether you are a new mom yourself, pregnant or just looking for a useful baby shower gift these are the products I use on a daily basis. A lot of these products are ones I had never thought about or registered for but are huge musts for me.
- Boppy Newborn Lounger – I received this as a baby shower gift and seriously use it so dang much. I tote this thing all over the house. When I shower or do my makeup I’ll just prop her up in it, so nice as a new mom so you can see her and not worry about her crying in another room. We also use it every morning in bed, just sit her next to us while we have our morning coffee and at night on the couch while we watch our shows. I just like having her close and when I’m not holding her this is the perfect thing.
- Pump Strap – My oh my is this a huge must have, everyone who pumps needs this. When you pump you have to hold up the bottles and it’s such a pain and so time consuming. Before I had this I would just sit on the couch holding my bottle(s) staring at the clock waiting to be done. With this you can just strap your pumps to your chest and have the ability to be hands free. It’s so nice because I can actually breastfeed her on one breast and pump on the other at the same time. It’s seriously ingenious, completely affordable and every new mom needs one. I’ll for sure be buying it as gifts for any upcoming baby showers. For 30% off your order use offer code BLONDE30
- Nursing bras – You will definitely want a really good nursing bra. Ripe Maternity has the best ones and I wish I had only got my bras from them. I got a few others and they’ve either broke already or are just completely uncomfortable. These ones are sooo cozy and have stood up well. Highly recommend them if you plan on breast feeding.
- Bellify Pillow – I wish I had found this when I was pregnant. It’s a pregnancy and nursing pillow and is seriously amazing. I love it because unlike other nursing pillows you can move it around and position it to exactly how you want it. It’s my favorite because its moldable and moves as you move so you’re not stuck in the same position while feeding. I also love it because it’s compact and doesn’t take up a ton of room. We have some trips coming up and I’ll for sure be bringing it on the plane with me.
- Diaper Cream Applicator – I never realized how handy this would be until you don’t use it. Makes applying diaper cream so much easier and cleaner.
- Nipple Balm – The first few weeks of breast feeding were pretty brutal, ouch! I love the nipple balm from Zoe Organics. It’s made of only food grade ingredients so you don’t have to worry about wiping it off before a feed. It soothes, protects and made my nips feel like new again. ? It also doesn’t leave oil stains on my bras like a few other creams I’ve used.
- Mothers Milk Tea – If you plan to breast feed I highly recommend this tea. When Kennedy was about 2 weeks old I couldn’t keep up with her feedings and felt my milk was coming in slow. This tea majorly upped my milk supply. I can now pump 7-9 oz from each breast is one sitting, it’s crazy. Fair warning though: drink it in the morning…I first drank it at night and woke up to a flood in the bed that no nipple pad could of stopped. For the first week I drank it every night and now I drink it one to two times a week and my milk supply has been consistent. You can find it at most grocery stores, I usually get mine from Target or Sprouts.
- Lalabu Soothe Shirt – I am going to be so sad when Kennedy gets too big for this. It’s so great when you’re in a hurry and want an option for easy baby wearing. You can see my full review for it here, seriously obsessed.
- Bottle Sterilizer – I’m a little bit off a germophobe so I had to have a bottle sterilizer. I love the one from Dr. Browns. It sterilizes 6 bottles in 12 minutes and leaves them noticeably cleaner. I originally had tried the sterilize option in the dishwasher and it left my bottles yellowed and old looking, now I’ll just hand-wash and throw them in the sterilizer and they’re good to go. I also use it for her pacifiers and plastic toys every now and then when I feel like they’ve fallen somewhere gross.
- Owlet Smart Sock – This would probably be number one on my list as far as new mom must haves, it gives such peace of mind when you have a newborn. I was constantly checking Kennedy every few minutes to make sure she was still breathing and this takes away that anxiety. You can read my full review on it here and get $20 off with this link.
- Dry Shampoo – This one is so random but so needed as a new mommy. I will co-bath with Kenny but washing my hair is way too hard to do in the bath while holding her. My favorite is by Living Proof or a good cheap option is by Batiste and it smells so good.
Hopefully this list helps some! HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
This post may contain items gifted for consideration. All thoughts and opinions are my own.