We recently stayed at The Strawberry Inn and I am in love! The CUTEST little place in the cutest little town. It was designed for roadtrippers, adventure seekers, and nature-lovers and we seriously had such a great time there.
The Inn operates much like a vacation rental, with all reservations and check-ins via online and email. We received an email with a code and room number and with that we unlocked our room key. Super easy peasy! There are 8 rooms total and they are all newly remodeled. The bed was SO cozy, I wanted to bring it home with us. Minus Kennedy being on a sugar high and going to bed 3 hours later than her normal time, we slept like kings!
WHAT TO DO:
- While we were there we decided to check out the Strawberry School House and it was the cutest little spot. The owner was the sweetest and you should definitely check it out if you go!
- We also love to hike so we hiked the Tonto Natural Bridge trail and it was gorgeous! Its a super easy hike with amazing views. Another beautiful hike in the area is Fossil Creek which we will be doing next time.
- Another thing we did was visit the baby goats at Fossil Creek Creamery. They have llamas and goats and Kennedy was obsessed. Such a cute place and they even offer tours.
- We ran out of time but another place I hear is cool to check out is the Shoo-fly Indian Archaeolgical Site. They were believed to have been occupied between A.D. 1000-1250. At an elevation of 5,240 feet, Shoo-fly Village once had a total of 79 structures of which the rock outlines, once the base of the walls, are still visible. It’s a self guided tour and apparently a great picture spot.
PLACES TO EAT:
- Mama Joe’s Italian Grill – This is right across the street from the Inn so we just walked. We sat down for pizza and wine and ended up getting it to go because Kennedy just wanted to run around and it was easier. The pizza was SO good and it was nice getting back in our pjs and eating pizza in the room.
- Old County Inn – We so wanted to eat here because we heard great things but there was a 2 hour wait time when we went. Worth checking out as I have heard great things.
- Early Bird Cafe – Keeping it real, I wasn’t wowed when we walked in this place but the food was SO GOOD. And our waitress was the sweetest. We went for lunch but apparently their breakfasts are AMAZING.
- Pine Creek Fudge Ice Cream & Espresso – SO good, that’s all!
So yeah, I highly recommend The Strawberry Inn. The owners are so friendly and they’ve really done such an amazing job with the place. We felt right at home and will definitely be back!
You can get $15 off your stay with code: VINTAGE15 It’s good until the end of October, 2015 so make sure to take advantage!
Hope you all are having the best day and stay tuned for more adventure posts!