Let’s start out with some full disclosure: I am inhaling raspberry chocolate gelato as I write this. Quick little update too…I am officially on maternity leave and its pretty dang exciting. I went to the doctor for my 35 week checkup and everything is fine but our little gal has decided she possibly wants to arrive early and my doctor wants me to take it easy for the next few weeks while she continues to bake.
I love trying out new products and figured it would be fun to do a product review post and share some of my recent favorites.
- 1. 100% Natural Boar Bristle Body Brush – I recently read about dry skin brushing and decided to give it a try. Dry brushing has multiple benefits like exfoliation and cellulite reduction/prevention and it helps your skin to properly absorb oils/lotions so you get the full absorption of the product. I love this one because it has a contoured handle which makes it really comfortable to use.
- 2. Schwarzkopf Bonacure Color Save Silver Shampoo – For the past few months I have been coloring my own hair and have been going for the silver/purple/white blonde look. The color is different in every light but I love this shampoo so much to keep up with the shade I want. Depending on how long you leave it in for depends on the color. I once left it in for a littttle too long and my hair was a bright lilac for two days. Highly recommend though if you’re a blonde and want to go a little brighter without going to the salon.
- 3. Gypsy Regimens Bounce Back Oil – So I totally jinxed myself with the “no stretch marks yet” in my monthly pregnancy updates. I. Found. One. And it is in possibly the most random place…a very small one along my panty line. What the heck! And nonetheless I don’t want it there. I started using this oil only 5 days ago and seriously that little stretchie is almost gone…its like a miracle oil. And what I really love is that the products from Gypsy Regimens are all natural and organic. The best part too is that is smells like chocolate and you can use it on your entire body, face and all.
- 4. St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion – Everyone should know by now not to fake bake or lay out in the sun for hours…its so bad for your skin! I see so many 20 something year olds who look like they are in their early 40’s…no joke, its awful. I have tried numerous self tanners and love this one because you can easily do it in the shower and avoid orange hands and the overall mess of trying to evenly apply self tanner. It smells like sweet almonds and gives you a nice/natural bronze glow.
- 5. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation – I decided to splurge a bit and see what all the hype was about with this foundation. Ugh, its so good! It is so silky smooth, the texture is amazing and I love how it feels so natural and light on your face. I have been using Makeup Forever’s HD Foundation for years and think I may need to switch. The Armani foundation literally feels like silk and feels completely weightless on your skin.
- 6. Olaplex Hair Perfector – My hair has been pretty resistant between all the bleaching and hot tools I use but this stuff is amazing at keeping it super healthy and strong. A salon will charge you around $60-$70 for this exact treatment when you can DIY at home. I usually use it once a week or once every two weeks but you will notice a huge difference after just one treatment. Keep in mind the bottle is pretty small but I’ve been able to get 4-5 treatments out of it and I have lots and lots of hair.
- 7. Novena Bearberry Brightener – I have been using this moisturizer for my entire pregnancy. I think I have gone through four bottles so far and its a favorite. I hear a lot of pregnant women get blotchy or discolored skin during pregnancy and I started using this early as prevention from that. *knock on wood* its kept my skin pretty good and the skin tone even.
- 8. Benefit They’re Real Voluminous Mascara – I love to mix my mascara and use two or three different kinds at the same time. I love this one because of the brush, it lifts and separates your lashes and it doesn’t smudge or clump up.
- 9. & 10. Eyeko Fat Brush Mascara & Eyeko Eye Do Mascara – I recently bought these because I read an article that they were Kylie Jenner’s favorites and I’m such a sucker for that. The girl does do her makeup fabulously. I love this brand too because they are water resilient without the side effects of your standard water proof mascara. I hate water proof mascara where it clumps up and you basically have to pull your lashes off to remove it.
- 11. Smashbox O-Gloss – If I was allowed to have only one lip gloss this would be it. I have been buying it for over 4 years now and its an all time favorite. This silky gloss reacts with your personal skin chemistry to transform from clear into your own custom shade of pink. Mine is usually a bubblegum/barbie shade of pink and I love it.
- 12. Fekkai Blowout Hair Refresher Dry Shampoo – Dry shampoo can be a little tricky sometimes. It took me several tries to get it right but once I mastered it, I was hooked. When applied directly into the roots, the fine powder absorbs all the oils that make your hair appear dirty. I honestly only wash my hair every 5 days or so and dry shampoo makes it look and smell fresh everyday.
(Wearing the foundation, mascara and lip gloss I mentioned along with the lovely Aden filter via Instagram)
Hope you all are having a wonderful Monday!